Monday, February 21, 2011

Ultimate Treasure from the Goodwill Bins

Vintage Frye Campus Boots, Goodwill Outlet
When I got to Goodwill Outlet on Saturday, the bins of shoes were full like they'd just been brought out. But I only just managed to grab these nice looking leather boots just as they traded the bins for new ones. Then there was the usual stampede of people toward the new bins as I got away from there as quickly as possible!

Once I was out of the way of the craziness, I looked down at the boots and realized...they were vintage Frye campus boots!!!

I was freaking out to have found them in the reject bins that had already been gone through! Unfortunately though, they are size 9.5. I suppose I can try to wear really thick socks to make them fit, but they are just too big.

Anyone wear a size 9.5 who wants to do a trade of some sort? Let me know!

Always,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Wow- vintage frye boots! I was going to say you were very lucky until i read they weren't your size :/ What a bummer! Also a bummer that I only wear a size 8 because I would totally be up for a trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know! Such a bummer that they're too big! I couldn't believe it when I found them, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I wear a 9 1/2 and have been wanting vintage Frye boots for ever! I actually passed over a pair of vintage Fryes the other day as they were a 6 1/2. What would you want to trade for? I have oodles of handbags, dresses and jewelry from the 1940s-80s. My blog is http://thriftaholic.net if you want to get an idea of my style. Feel free to email me at thriftaholic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll def check out your blog and email you, Leilani! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!