Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Hippie Halloween :)

I was originally going to be a cowgirl for Halloween, but I ended up being a hippie! I think my father-in-law said it best:

"You just look like you! You were born in the wrong decade!"

Ha ha, very funny :) I know I do lean toward hippie outfits every once in awhile, though!

Hippie Wig with Headband, Wal Mart ($8); Peace Glasses, Halloween Store ($2)
The funny thing is that the wig I got looks a lot like my hair used to when it was longer! It's such a big difference from my super-short hair!

Vintage Tee, Goodwill; Bell Bottoms, Goodwill; Vest, Halloween Store; Peace Necklace, Halloween Store; Mocs, Target; Pin, Good Samaritan; Purse, Goodwill Outlet
I was able to use some things I already had (the bell-bottoms, the purse, the shirt, and the pin) and add Halloween store and Wal Mart finds for a costume on the cheap!

Unfortunately, shortly after these photos were taken, I started feeling sick :( I think I may be coming down with something, so I'm trying to fight it off with lots of sleep, soup, tea, and water. Being sick is never fun!

Always,
Amanda

PS: The hubby was 'Joe Dirt' :)
PPS: If you haven't already, check out Myriam's Thrifty Blogger of the Month post! I just loved her answers :)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! You look very authentic hippie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit looks great, hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the costume and that adorable ghost set up right behind you. I hope you're starting to feel better!

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!