Friday, September 25, 2009

Thrift Crawl Destination: Bradenton, FL

Photo: infoUSA

My first and favorite thrifting destination is Bradenton, FL.

I discovered a ton of thrift shops on the way home from a beach trip at the end of my senior year of high school, which was about 5 years ago. (Wow. I'm getting old!)

I've found some of my favorite old items at these shops (funky shoes! crazy cups! butterfly clasp belts!), but unfortunately, most of these have been lost along the way. This post is actually making me want to fly to Bradenton for the day just to thrift with some of my oldest and dearest friends...

Anyway, for those of you still residing in the sunshine state, here are a few diamond-in-the-rough thrift shops that you should definitely check out!
  1. Goodwill 4720 E State Road 64, Bradenton, FL 34208
    (941) 749-5905
    (Always a reliable source for random and awesome things! And this one is one of the better ones, for sure.)
  2. Community Thrift Shop 5704 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
    (941) 792-2253
    (This one is tucked away, but trust me, it's worth it to stop in here. They have additional percentage off of goods that have been there awhile, which means double deals for really interesting stuff.)


  3. Trinity Thrift Store 3306 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205
    (941) 746-8379
    (Pictured above, this is a small, United Methodist-sponsored thrift store that has everything from 25 cent costume jewelry to very well-priced furniture. I got the butterfly-clasp belt mentioned above, a leather men's wallet, and some rockin' sunglasses at this tiny store! And I've had friends find some pretty cool old CDs here too.)

  4. Manatee Memorial Aux Thrift 4517 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
    (941) 745-2047
    (The cool thing about Manatee Memorial is the room full of books and magazines for super cheap! They also have been known to have a bin full of freebies at the checkout counter. This is definitely a must-stop in a Bradenton thrift crawl!)



1 comment:

  1. If you ever thrift in Bradenton again... go to Bob's Bargain Barn.

    My estranged father owns this shop... ;-) I wish I could do an evil ascii thingy... and shoplift something!

    Sorry... I saw Bradenton and I just perked right up on that.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!