Sunday, September 20, 2009

Shiny Shirt, Sandals, and Rose Shampoo

Whew. I had a LOOOOONG day of thrifting today. I decided that I would go to the Goodwill Web site and find all of the ones within 20 miles of my apartment and visit them all. In one day.

I ended up getting lost a couple times, because despite having a GPS, I have utterly NO sense of direction at all.

But anyway. I ended up discovering some new and exciting Goodwills and I found some pretty neat stuff!


A crazy, handmade, shiny gold top ($3) that is so soft and comfy you wouldn't believe it...


A brand-new Target laptop cover ($1) that is PERFECT for my new little laptop...



A book that looks hilarious and just my style ($2), Herbal Essences Rose Shampoo (my fave!-$1), and a make-your-own calendar kit ($3) for my Mom :)

Oh, and the brand new Mossimo gladiator-type sandals as seen up top. ($4)

So I would say it was a successful, if a little tiring, day.

The funniest thing I saw, when I was at the fourth and final Goodwill of the day, was a lady waiting by the employee door with a full cart. I stood there for a minute to see what she was up to. It turns out that every 20 minutes or so an employee would bring out a new cart of stuff- and this lady would follow them, blocking the cart with her overflowing one and taking out all of the best stuff!

I certainly don't have the time or patience of this lady, but I'm sure she got some great deals!

Oh, and I saw a couple snatch up a Kitchenaide stand mixer in white for a mere $10! It happened right before my eyes- I was in shock! Those things are worth a couple hundred dollars. And even if it didn't work- they're mostly just for appearances anyway, right?

Well, that's enough for today- I hope everyone has a great week!

Love Always,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You all are the best!