Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thrifting- By the Pound?

Now, as you've seen just from my posts so far, I have been to many, many Goodwills. I love that they can all be so different, depending on the size, location, how new it is, etc.

But I'd never been to a Goodwill Outlet. Until this past Saturday, that is.

Wow. If you have one in your town and you've never been, you NEED to go!

We're talking bins and BINS and...more bins. All full to the brim with clothes, knick-knacks, shoes, belts, bags, books- pretty much anything you could imagine.

And most everything they price by the pound. Yes, you read that right. When you reach the cash register, you drop your treasures into a bin on top of a scale, they weigh everything and come up with a price. I think at the one I went to everything was around $1.25/ pound except specially marked items.



I got some great deals there: A Dell USB-connection computer keyboard that makes writing SO much easier on my tiny computer, a Victoria's Secret silk robe, and a Talbots navy blue cardigan that I know will get TONS of wear this fall.

My total: $3.85. Gotta love shopping by the pound! (Unless, of course, you were planning on buying weights or something...)

Always,

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. OK, you have unveiled my weakness!! I love the outlet stores; the one I used to go to was right near the Florida Mall...I have gotten GREAT stuff while digging through those bins including new Ugg-like boots and even a small Coach purse! You really have to be willing to get down and dig for the good stuff - I've taken my sister and other friends there and let's just say I was the most enthusiastic one by far :)

    ~Catie

    P.S. Loving your blog - keep it up girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah, I honestly didn't know about Goodwill Outlets until now. I'm totally going back as soon as I can so I can spend hours digging :) Thanks so much for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!