Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Thrifting Outfit: Black + Brown

Growing up, I never thought that black and brown don't go together. My mom always seemed to have a black and brown purse to go with everything (totally brilliant and chic).

Here's my take on tackling the apparent fashion faux-paus:

Vintage Ray Bans, eBay; Wolf T, Goodwill; Wool Cardigan, JCrew Warehouse Sale ($20!); Brown Courds, Goodwill; Converse, JCrew Warehouse Sale ($10); Vintage Dooney & Bourke Bag, Goodwill; Necklace, Goodwill Outlet; Mink Pin, Heritage Antiques ($2.50)
Can you spot my little vintage mink pin? It's a crazy little critter I got the other night at Heritage Antiques! The perfect mix of creepy and cool :)

 On another note, it seems my tomboy-ish clothes don't quite go as well with super-short hair as they did with my long locks :) I think I balanced everything out pretty well in this outfit, though. At least, I didn't get any "Have a nice day, sir" comments :)

I kid, I kid. My mom did a brilliant job with my haircut! And no more headaches from super-heavy hair. (I used to get those for real!)

Have a great day!

Always,
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job adding 'girlish' accessories! You don't look like a boy anyway, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your outfit is cute. I say wear what makes you feel GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!