Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flowers and Birds

Have you ever heard the saying that something's "for the birds"? I never really understood it! Being a 21st-century gal, I Googled it, and I found it's origin: According to this Web site, the saying came from birds pecking at horse droppings looking for seeds. That's why "for the birds" means meaningless or worthless!

Random, but I just thought I'd share this little tidbit as an intro to my finds from Saturday. I did find floral things, and I did find birds, and I quite like both! One aspect of thrifting/ estate sale-ing that really is for the birds? Crazy people that elbow their way into you so that they can get to the good stuff first! Crazy people :)

Replacement Floral Straw Bag, Estate Sale ($2); Clock, Goodwill (<$1); Floral Wallet, Estate Sale ($2); Wooden Birds, Goodwill Outlet (<$1)

While I may not be a skirt/dress person, I have decided that I am pretty girlie with my accessories! I seem to be quite in love with florals right now, especially.

Funny story about the first floral straw purse I showed you: I tried to clean out the very dirty inside by washing it on the delicate setting in the washer. Um, not my brightest moment. Not only did it not clean it at all, it unraveled most of the straw and destroyed the poor purse! Woops. Awesome that I found an almost identical one at the estate sale I went to Saturday :)

Have a great Tuesday!

Always,
Amanda

PS: I was tagged by my new blog friend Megan from Transmission Me for the Happy 101 Award :) Thanks, Megan- I'll be posting my answers tomorrow! And check out her blog- she has great thrifty style!

1 comment:

  1. Thats funny about your purse! I did that once with a faux leather one and it pretty much melted in the dryer!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!