Thanks again, Megan of Transmission Me for the Happy 101 Award! It's pretty exciting for me, since this is my first blog award :)
Pretty much the concept is to share 10 things that you love and make you happy, so here goes, in no particular order:
1. My family. They have always supported me in whatever I do, and I love them so much :) My parents, brother, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. are simply the best a girl could ask for! Thanks, guys!
2. The hubby. I talk about my wonderful hubby (Josh) a lot on this blog, because he's a huge part of my life! I have loved him since I was 13, and I couldn't imagine life without him!
3. Playing guitar/singing. I learned how to play the acoustic guitar very young, since my dad played and I had him teach me. I played and sang in the youth praise band at my church when I was in middle and high school, and I absolutely loved it! I still write songs and play every once in awhile. The photo is from senior year of high school. I played one of my songs at our final chorus concert!
4. Reading. I've loved reading for as long as I can remember. From piles of Babysitter's Club books to magazines to novels to blogs, I am always going to be reading something!
(Right now I am reading this thrifted copy of Just As Long As We're Together by Judy Blume, and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll.)
5. Writing. The only thing I've loved as long as reading is writing. I used to carry around a composition book when I was 11 with my short stories and work on them all the time. My favorite? "My Unlucky Gym Socks" about socks that make everything in the young character's life go wrong! I also wrote "Candy School" about a school made entirely of candy, with gummy bear teachers and caramel pools. Not a bad idea, actually! And, of course, I got my college degree in journalism.
6. Going new places. Growing up, our family
always took the best vacations. My dad earned frequent flier miles through work, and it gave us the opportunity to go everywhere from Alaska to Hawaii to Europe. So amazing! My favorite place? Munich, Germany!
The photo is one that I took while we were there, with a crappy 2 megapixel digital camera! But the old buildings were so beautiful that it looked great anyway :)
7. God. I grew up going to church and a private Christian school. While I am still growing as a Christian (and always will be) God remains a huge part of my life. I love nothing more than rocking out to a great contemporary Christian band and listening to an insightful but not super-long sermon on a Saturday night or Sunday morning.
8. Old things, and finding them. I thought it would be kind of obvious to put thrifting here, but my favorite thing about thrifting is the thrill of finding old things. I love things with a history! Just imagining what sort of place this item came from and who the past owner could've been is so interesting. There's something so alive about old things compared to new ones.
Pictured is my favorite old Viewmaster and reels that I couldn't believe I found at Goodwill Outlet! These babies were less than a dollar :) It's just amazing to me that I found these discarded in a bin!
9. Polaroids. I've been pretty obsessed with Polaroids since my freshman year of college. I bought a new Polaroid camera back then, and sparingly used photos as they cost so much! Now that they don't make them anymore, they cost even more. But whenever I find some for cheap, I buy the film 'cause it's so neat. I love the old-timey affect of the expired photos, especially.
Pictured are Polaroids I took over Christmas break with thrifted film.
10. Friends, old and new. I have a couple friends back in Florida that I've known forever, some that I got close with in high school and college, and a few I've made in the past year. I'm not the most social person of all time, but I am super thankful for the great friends that I do have! They are absolutely the best :) Even some of you that I've "met" through blogging mean a lot to me! I really appreciate everyone's support in being able to utilize my creativeness and share it with you :)