Monday, February 15, 2010

A Snowman and a Peacoat

Yesterday, the hubby was supposed to work a 12-hour shift. Yup, on Valentine's Day. No biggie, though, since we were just going to celebrate today. But my poor hubby pulled a muscle in his back at work and was home and on muscle relaxers by noon! Poor thing!

When he called, I was at an estate sale, were I found a neat old hat for a dollar and then came home to make sure he was okay.

Old Straw Hat, Estate Sale ($1)

By dinner time, he was feeling good enough to go out, so we went to Long Horn for dinner and then to Goodwill. In addition to the chocolates and roses he got me for Valentine's Day, he said I could pick out whatever I wanted! (Sounds pretty sad, but for me, this was awesome!!!)

I found this great Old Navy peacoat, which I absolutely love :) When we got home, I took a couple pictures with 'ol Mr. Snowman and called it a night. All in all, a pretty great Valentine's!

Shirt, Goodwill; Peacoat, Goodwill; Jeans, Goodwill; Shoes, Goodwill Outlet

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!! And happy President's Day, too!

Always,
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I agree, that is sweet. :) Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The styles haven’t changed much because the original design is still aesthetically pleasing and appropriate for any activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True! What a perfect name to comment on the 'A Snowman and a Peacoat' entry!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!