Friday, December 31, 2010

My Favorite Find of 2010, and The Magic of Thrifting!

It was fun looking back at my thrifted finds throughout the year the past couple days! I've had a bunch of lucky ones, including Ray Bans, a couple designer purses, and some awesome vintage treasures.

But my hands-down favorite? Well, it was something that I thought I'd never get back- the bear that Josh got me when we were 13 and 14 years old. The original bear got lost when a hurricane hit my parent's home in 2004, so when I found this identical one at Goodwill Outlet this year, I couldn't believe it!

Ty Teddy Bear, Goodwill Outlet
This bear reminded me that there's something almost like magic about thrifting. To one person, this little teddy bear was just a stuffed animal, but to me it represents so much more.

And that is why I love to thrift. While it's true that you never know what you might find, I never imagined I'd spot a piece of my history sitting in a Goodwill bin. Here's to hoping that next year will bring finds just as special as my bear to us all :)

Always,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. What a great story...and such an adorable bear! Hope you have many great finds in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrifting is definitely magic! Sometimes I feel I can just conjure Pyrex out of thin air!

    I'm glad you got your bear back :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!