Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Thrifting Outfit: Life's a Beach :)

Spending nearly a week at the beach in Florida with the hubby and his family was relaxing and fun. Not only was there plenty of sun, beach, and pool time, some of my favorite thrift stores are at Bradenton Beach! It was great to re-visit some of the very first thrift stores I visited when I was still in high school...a good 7 or 8 years ago!

Mostly I just threw on whatever outfit was clean, but since this one is so different from what I usually wear, I thought I'd show you:

Panama Jack Hat, Goodwill Outlet ($1); Striped T, Goodwill; Necklace, Made by Sis-in-Law; Romper, Dots ($9); Flip-Flops, Goodwill Outlet ($2)

I don't really consider myself someone who can get away with wearing the romper trend (nor do I like the word romper...) but in the Florida heat, you just have to wear what's lightweight and breezy! I was pretty darn comfy and cool in this outfit :)

The Panama Jack hat was a lifesaver all during the beach trip, too. I wore it every day: to the beach, the pool, thrifting, everything. Unfortunately, by the end of the trip it was pretty worn out and I had to throw it away. I like to think I got my $1 out of it though!

More Florida finds are coming up tomorrow :)

Always,
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I like the romper, but maybe lose the shirt underneath and it would be really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pull off the romper just fine!

    I also think the word "romper" is ridiculous, but consider some of the alternatives, like "onsie" or "playsuit." Equally weird sounding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alya- very true! Megan- if I wear it without the shirt, the top edges it's way down too much for comfort! This isn't something I'd wear normally, but it was perfect for summer vacation :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!