Thursday, May 13, 2010

Florida and Flowers

By Sunday, I was pretty much knock-down sick. But being the stubburn thing I am, I still went to church in the morning and a monthly estate sale on the way home. (The same one from this post.)

Granted, I didn't last very long at the estate sale. A quick walk through, and I had a couple little things to bring home with me :)

Vintage Floral Fascinator Hat ($5); Vintage Florida Pennant ($1); Both Monthly Estate Sale

I don't know if I personally can pull off such a girly hat, but it's so pretty! Maybe one of these days I'll get brave and throw it on with my usual jeans-and-shirt combo. It might actually look decent with my navy and white striped shirt!

And the Florida pennant I had to get. I mean, Florida is my home state. It has a very special place in my heart, despite the sometimes staggering humidity and the crazy mosquitoes in the summer. I can't wait to go back with the hubby for a week and a half next month!

On another note, I'm finally starting to get better :) It was getting really old with the coughing up stuff, let me tell you!

Have a great Thursday :)

Always,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage hat! How pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are getting better! The hat is beautiful. I just recently learned what "fascinator" meant, what a strange name :)

    Happy early Birthday! I wanted to be the first!! Haha! Have a fabulous weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!