Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Tale of the Justin Boots




I have had one heck of a time with Justin boots. It started when they kept popping up on my favorite bloggers' feet. The black vintage ones with fringe. They were everywhere! Everywhere but my thrift stores.

Then, miraculously, I found a pair at Family Thrift. Black, check. Fringe, check. Women's size 8? No check.

Of course they were a women's size 7- just big enough to squeeze my feet into, but not to be able to move. At all. Plus, they were $25.

After that, I told my hubby exactly what I wanted, and showed him pictures. He said he'd find some on eBay. Unfortunately, the ones he found there were new and more cowboy than cool- plus they were at least a women's size 10.

Unwearable. Ugh. So I went back to eBay and found my current pair, above, for $8. They are cool and everything, but no black. No fringe.

So, this story's not over yet. I will, someday, find my perfect pair of Vintage Justin roper boots. And you can bet that I'll tell you all about it!

Have a super Thursday, everyone! It's almost the weekend!!!!
Always,
Amanda

1 comment:

I love your comments! You all are the best!