Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Bag of Treasure!

Have you ever gone into a thrift shop and found a little mag marked 'broken jewelry'? I do all the time. Usually, these bags are priced way too high for my taste (ie: more than $1!) and I don't buy them.

But something about the little bags of $1 broken jewelry at Good Samaritan last Saturday caught my eye. They were the right price, and I could get one for me and one for my sis-in-law Ashley, who makes jewelry.

When I got to my in-laws that night and looked through the goods, I found some really neat things! Tiny cameos, charms, pins, and the cutest little locket ever.



The heart locket is my favorite, and I already have it around my neck, waiting to find the perfect little picture of my hubby for it.

Here's some more of my bag's 'jewels':



Ahhh. Nothing like finding $1 bags full of real treasure :) There were barely any broken pieces at all!

Always,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what treasures! I have never seen a bag of broken jewelry when I go thrifted, but I need to start looking around. You are so lucky!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!