Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Break: Favorite Photos

I'm back in Richmond! While it's nice to be back in our place, I already miss my family like crazy.

I didn't have much luck at the Boone thrift shops. They were either: snowed shut, closed, or super-tiny and kind of awful.

(This is the Bare Bones Thrift Shop. Er, or I guess it was at some point. Not only was it completely snowed in, but it was a rickety old barn in a neighborhood...)



(And then there was the...lovely...Unique Boutique. Although they were closed, they left the $1 clothing on the porch. Of course, I found a Ralph Lauren wool sweater I wanted, so I left the hanger with a dollar bill hanging on the door!)

The one exception to the crappy thrifting was the local Goodwill, which was pretty much the only place I found anything. I'll have photos of what I did find in a couple of days (I haven't unpacked yet!), but here are some of my favorite photos from the trip:


Boone's ice storm left the trees all Chronicles of Narnia-esque


We thought it was so awesome that they had the same lamp as us in our rented cabin!


We went gem-mining!!! This is my smoky quartz :)

More on the trip later, but I just wanted to update you all!
Always,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You all are the best!