Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Fave Ads: 1960s 'Teen Magazine

As I look through old magazines, my favorite parts are usually the ads. (Which is funny, because I don't ever read the ads in new mags!)

Here are some of my favorites from the 1960s Teen Magazine I picked up at the antiques store this weekend:

1. Cover Girl. (Love the hair, love the lipstick shade. Not so sure about the lipstick-hat or that it had Noxema in it!)



2. Arrid. (I tried to make this big enough so you can read it. "...newly awakened glands..." Priceless.)



3. Sunglasses. (This ad seriously didn't have the brand name or anything. It was just "buy these sunglasses!" Odd. But I totally would. Buy them, that is.)



4. Goody. (Isn't it so cool that some of these brands have been around for years and years? This ad made me happy that I picked up the box of vintage Goody clips!)



Have a great Thursday! The weekend-and the thrifts- draw near!!!!

Always,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You all are the best!