Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Black, Brown and Corn on the Cob

When I see a black and brown pretty leather purse, I think of my mom. She's sported black/brown purses since I can remember because they go with everything! So when I saw this one at Goodwill Outlet, I thought I'd give the black and brown a try :)

Leather Purse, Goodwill Outlet ($2); Made in Japan Vintage Corn Holders, Goodwill Outlet (<$1)

I couldn't believe it when I spotted these corn cob holders in a bin at Goodwill Outlet! They are so neat, and the hubby and I love corn on the cob :) Definitely one of my more random finds to date, though.

How is your week going so far? I always love to hear from you- especially any of your recently thrifted goodies!

Always,
Amanda

6 comments:

  1. that purse is such a great find i love it! wow, im going opshopping thursadya im going to try find something similar!:) love the cute corn pickers too!
    xx
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had corn cob holders just like that when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had corn cob holders just like that when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm corn on the cob! sounds like summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing those brings back some wonderfully buttery memories!! Love the shape of that purse, very cute. Unfortunately, I have sworn off my usual trips to the thrift store for a month, so I have nothing to share!! Let me tell you, it is painful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, everyone :) I can't wait to have some yummy corn with the holders, and I'm loving the purse too! Good luck with your 30 day challenge, Megan!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!