Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Vintage Market Tote and the Home for Scarves

I stopped in my local Goodwill with the hubby on Sunday to look for 1920s-esque items for his sister's upcoming themed birthday party. He found a sharp-looking grey suit for less than twenty bucks, but I didn't find anything that could pass as 20s.

I did find an adorable 1970s market tote, though:

Vintage Market Tote, Goodwill ($4)

When I got home, I realized that it's the perfect thing to hold my vintage scarves! You can see a couple of them already peeking out the sides :) I suppose it's not quite vintage enough for the 20s party though.

So, yeah. I'm looking for something to wear that can pass as 1920s and is not one of those weird flapper-girl Halloween costumes. Help me out if you have any ideas! I'm not really a dress girl, but maybe I can find something...

Happy Thursday :)

Always,
Amanda


3 comments:

  1. What a neat bag! I've seen some on etsy for 30 or 40 bucks, so you got a great deal!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the 20s were when the really bold women started to wear pants, so I'm sure you could get away with an outfit utilizing trousers. A cloche hat, or a headband right across your forehead could be another touch to get the point across.

    It sounds like a fun idea, anyway, I'd love to see what you wind up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips, Alya! I'll def show you what I come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!