Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cured by Thrifting!

Let me start this post by saying: I only spent $40 today. I ended up with 7 tops, two jackets, two bottoms, two purses, a sewing kit, a bangle, 5 pairs of shoes/ sandals for me + one pair for Mom, 4 other gifts, a lunch box for hubby, and a necklace.

Wow. This has been probably my most successful thrifting day EVER. I got so many things that I'm going to spread out the booty over a couple days of posts, broken down by the type of find.

Oh, and guess what? I feel much, much better today! Cured by thrifting? (Well, not quite, but really, I do feel better.)

Anyway. Today I will show you the places I went and my thrifting outfit, which changed a little as the day went on...


From top left, clockwise: Goodwill Outlet, Family Thrift Center, Love of Jesus Thrift, and the Good Samaritan Thrift Store (I also went to one regular Goodwill and one Salvation Army.)


I was wearing boots, but changed as soon as I got these perfect tassled flats:

Left: New Boots, Goodwill ($4) Right: Tassled Flats, Family Thrift ($6)


Left: The outfit I started with, minus the boots + the new flats Right: Outfit - light jeans + new boyfriend jeans, Goodwill ($5)

As you can see, I thought it would be cooler outside (it's supposed to be fall, people!), so I wore my new boots. Um, denied. It was WAY too hot for those boots, and when I found these awesome flats at Family Thrift, on they went. I felt totally The Clothes Horse in the maroon tights and tan tassled flats. And trust me, that's a good thing!

I am wiped out, but I promise more of my finds in the next couple days!

Always,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You all are the best!