Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Obsessions

It all started with this past Saturday's finds. Well, no, back up.

It all started with one of my most favorite people in the world: my Grammy.

She has had this tradition for her children and grandchildren for some time: we can all "put our name" on something of hers that we are especially fond of. And when she's gone, it is ours. I don't want to think about a time when my Grammy will be gone- ever.

Thankfully, over the years, I've inherited a couple things early. One of these things is Grammy's mom's vintage gold evening bag. Although I've only carried it a couple times, I've always kept it close to me.


My "New" Vintage Evening Bag, Family Thrift ($0.99); My Great-Grandma's Purse


Now, fast-forward to this past Saturday. I found a vintage beaded evening bag at Family Thrift for a mere 99 cents! And, really, how could I pass that up?

I can picture my future vintage evening bag collection- hanging on the wall all pretty and fancy.

And the vintage pins and cool sunnies I found Saturday have also begun a mild obsession with both items. I mean, what modern girl can't use some neat accessories to amp up her wardrobe?



My current vintage sunnies collection: More to come, I'm sure!


Always,
Amanda

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the first pair of vintage sunglasses (well I love them all, but those are my favorite). I love big sunglasses!

    Awesome purse find!

    xoxo
    Amy
    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Yeah, the blue ones are my favorite, too :)I've been on the hunt for ones like them, so I was super-excited to find them for only 75 cents! Ahhh, I love thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ones in the middle are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Charles! I like them 'cause they stay on my little nose :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same beaded purse... the one with the pink flowers! I got mine at an antique store, though, and it was a lot more expensive than that. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's pretty crazy! Yeah I found it for 99 cents, and I snatched it up- I couldn't believe the price!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You all are the best!