Saturday, October 10, 2009

For the Record

Vintage Record: $1, Love of Jesus Thrift


The summer after my freshman year in college, I had my first full-time summer job. I saved most of what I earned that summer for my sophomore year of college, but I did have one splurge: a record player.


I am so glad I got it! I've lugged it to two different dorms and three apartments, and it is with me still.


I love to find old records at thrift stores- usually for a dollar or less. The 70s albums remind me of my dad- of my little bro and I riding with him in his grey Jetta listening to the now-defunct Coast 107.3 70s station in Brandon, FL.


That is why, when I saw this Fleetwood Mac album at Love of Jesus Thrift, I grabbed it. I can just pop it in and travel back in time. Maybe not to the 70s, but to the Jetta rides of my youth.



Always,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You all are the best!